These are the key issues we work on listed below. Please browse the links on the right to read articles on these issues and find out more information:
- including toothfish and krill fisheries, and the protection of the Ross Sea and the Southern Ocean.
- including expansion of fin fish farming, changes to the Resource Management Act and role of the government agencies.
- including the national policy statement on biodiversity
- The integration of land and water management is seen most clearly in relationship between catchment management and its connection to the coastal environment.
- including international and domestic action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- including sustainable energy management and renewable energy.
- including plantation forestry, log imports, NZ Forest Accord and other agreements with the forest industry.
- including conservation of lakes, rivers and wetlands, and the Land and Water Forum
- including world heritage and mining on conservation land
- including oceans policy, sustainable fisheries, and marine protection
- including food guide and fact sheets
- plastics, pollution and e-waste
Resource Management Act*
- including changes to the Resource Management and fast tracking of projects.
- including unsustainable roading projects and sustainable alternatives
*These articles and others to be added soon