- Fisheries and aquaculture issues in NZ and beyond
- International marine and fisheries issues including high seas governance and uses, international and regional fisheries or marine management organisations, global marine issues
- Ocean acidification (in association with the climate change group)
- Marine mining and minerals activity
- Ecosystem based management, including improved marine reserves legislation
- Engaging with DOC, Ministry of Fisheries, Maritime NZ, MFAT, and other relevant agencies.
Some of the recent work below
ECO made a submission on the EEZ and Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) legislation; submission details Here