ECO is a network of fifty-plus large and small environmental organisations based all around New Zealand, as well as several hundred individual Friends. The core of ECO’s work is promoting and strengthening community environmental action, and working collaboratively towards better government policies and management decisions. ECO also works on global issues such as climate change, Antarctica, and oceans.
The Environment and Conservation Organisations (ECO), has called out the fishing oligarchs’ stifling in New Zealand of moves for marine protected areas, ecosystem-based management, the precautionary approach, the norms of environmental and resource management and the exclusion of the public from decision making. ECO has called out the lack of ecosystem-based management, the losses of marine biodiversity, the fishing industry-inspired fake protected areas, the depletion of fish and ecosystems, the harms from destructive fishing methods and more. Fishing rules, research, and institutions have evolved with little public attention but much fishing industry pressure. ECO has worked hard since the 1980s to make visible and counter these problems and to propose solutions.
We are looking for a Communications Assistant to come on board. You will directly report to our Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with our social media content creation
- Mailchimp campaign management
- Assist with content collation for our weekly newsletter ‘Tieke’
- Assist in event planning.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Can communicate effectively.
- Is well organised and quick learner
- Some experience using Mailchimp is required.
- Competent in understanding how social media channels work
- Canva experience beneficial but not necessary
Time Commitment Required
The estimated time commitment required is 8hrs/week.
Work arrangement is flexible, the office in Wellington would be open to come in for work.